The Stanford Strategic Decision and Risk Management professional certificate program provides professionals with advanced skills to make high-quality decisions and embrace risk and uncertainty for competitive advantage. The program consists of a curriculum of noncredit short courses and blends Stanford University's academic and research depth with the expertise and track record of Strategic Decisions Group.
Last day to apply: October 14, 2016
Last day to enroll in an online course: August 31, 2017
At a Glance
Earn the Certificate
Complete 2 required courses and 4 electives
- Elective Courses
- Advanced Decision Analysis
- Biases in Decision-Making
- Collaborative Decision-Making and Negotiation
- Converting Strategy into Action
- Decision Quality Practicum
- Ethical Decision-Making
- Leading Strategic Decision-Making
- Managing Risk in Healthcare Organizations
- Modeling for Strategic Insight
- Scenarios and Effective Forecasting
- Strategic Innovation and Design Thinking
- Strategic Portfolio Decisions
- Value-Driven Enterprise Risk Management
The certificate in Strategic Decision and Risk Management demonstrates an ability to make effective critical decisions — a skill that helps make managers, executives, and corporate leaders indispensable. Professional Development Units (PDUs) to maintain certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP®) may be earned for each course.
Time to Complete
Participants have until August 31, 2017 to enroll. Each course is approximately 20 hours.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3 years of work experience
- An approved Strategic Decision and Risk Management Application (sample)
*Submit the application by October 14, 2016.
- Most Strategic Decision and Risk Management courses are available online via streaming video, making the curriculum accessible on-demand, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each course is accessible for 60 days and includes digital color PDFs of presentations and handouts when available. A multiple-choice examination and an evaluation form must be completed at the conclusion of each online course.
- At Stanford
- Courses are held on the beautiful Stanford University campus near Palo Alto, California. The 2.5 day courses at Stanford provide participants the opportunity to interact with Stanford faculty and SDG instructors, and to network with a diverse group of professionals from organizations around the world.
- At Work
- Select Strategic Decision and Risk Management courses are available for delivery at a company site. Taught by SDG professionals with years of experience as consultants and educators in the field of strategic decision-making and risk management, "at work" programs: 1) Bring the program content directly to your workplace, 2) Enable your employees to learn together, while earning credit toward the Strategic Decision and Risk Management certificate, 3) Allow for customized content delivery to reflect your organization's business strategies and processes, 4) Save on tuition, travel costs, and time away from the office.
Record of Completion
Participants receive a record of completion (certified PDF) via email upon completion of each course. The PDF is proof of course completion for reimbursement and can be requested at any time, on an as-needed basis.
Policies covering professional courses, including access to online courses, drops, refunds, transfers to different courses, and deadlines, are listed on the main SCPD web site on the registration policies page.
Please contact us at 650-209-8477 or firstname.lastname@example.org