XSDR321 - Modeling for Strategic Insight
This technical management course gives participants both the understanding and skills needed to build useful models in strategic decision situations and to use them to draw powerful insights into the decision. Topics range from conceptual, such as how to recognize a good decision model, to practical, such as laying out a model in Microsoft® Excel. The course is highly interactive, with hands-on exercises for participants to cement their grasp of new skills.
Learn How To
- Create a model for a business strategy decision
- Diagnose and correct model errors
- Generate and communicate insights to guide and inform strategic decision-making
- Plan the structure for a decision model
- Use commercially available software packages to conduct probabilistic analysis
Required: Familiarity with Excel, laptop computer with Excel installed.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
The curriculum in this course is mapped to the PMI® Talent Triangle. Participation earns you PDUs to maintain Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification.
Strategic and Business Management
Technical Project Management
PMP is a registered mark of of the Project Management Institute, Inc.